Download Mark 11[download id=”39″]
1. And when they drew near to Jerusalem to Bethphage and Bethany near the mount of Olives, He sent two of His disciples
2. and said to them: Go into the village opposite you, and immediately going into it you will find a colt tied up on which no one has ever sat. Untie it and bring it.
3. And if anyone asks you: “Why are you doing this? Say: “The Lord has need of it,” and immediately he will send it here.”
4. And they went and found the colt tied near the door outside on the street corner and they released it.
5. And some of those standing there asked them: “What are you doing, untying the colt?”
6. And they said to them as Jesus had said, and they allowed them.
7. And they brought the colt to Jesus and they threw on it their clothes and He sat on it.
8. And many people scattered their clothes along the road, and others cut branches from the fields.
9. And those going ahead and those following cried out: “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!
10. Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David. Hosanna in the highest!”
11. And He entered Jerusalem into the temple and looked around at everything, and as it was already the hour of evening, He left to go into Bethany with the twelve.
12. And the following morning as they were coming from Bethany He was hungry.
13. And seeing a fig tree from a distance with leaves He went up to it, to see if He might find anything on it, and going up to it He found nothing on it except leaves. For it was not the season for figs.
14. And He said to it in reply: “May no-one ever eat any fruit from you ever again!” And His disciples heard it.
15. And they went into Jerusalem. And going into the temple He began to throw out those selling and those buying in the temple and He overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the chairs of those selling doves.
16. And He did not allow anyone to carry any vessel through the temple.
17. And He taught them and He said to them: “Is it not written that:
“My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations”?
You have made it a den of robbers!”
18. And the chief priests and the scribes heard and sought how they might destroy Him. For they feared Him, for the whole crowd was amazed by His teaching.
19. And when it was evening they went outside the city .
20. And in the morning as they were coming with Him they saw the fig tree, withered from the roots.
21. And Peter remembered and said to Him: “Rabbi, look the fig tree which You cursed has withered!”
22. And Jesus said to him in reply: “Have faith in God.
23. Truly I tell you that whoever should say to this mountain: “Move from here and be thrown into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he has said will happen, it will happen for him.
24. Because of this I tell you, all the things which you pray for and request, believe that you will receive them, and they will happen for you.
25. And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven will forgive you your sins.”
26. NO VERSE 26
27. And they went again into Jerusalem. And when He walked into the temple the chief priests and the scribes and the elders came to Him
28. and asked Him: “In which power do You do these things? Or who gave You this power to do these things?”
29. Jesus said to them: “I will ask you one question, and when you answer Me I will tell you in which power I do these things.
30. The baptism of John: was it from Heaven or from people? Answer Me!
31. And they discussed among themselves saying : “If we say: “from Heaven”, He will say: “Why then did you not believe in him?”
32. But if we say: “From men”” – they feared the crowd. For all believed that John had been a prophet.
33. And they replied to Jesus saying: “We do not know.” And Jesus said to them: “And I also will not tell you in which power I do these things.”